University Senate policy requires the evaluation of all courses taught at the University.
- Every course with a University course number will be rated by the use of student rating forms every time it is offered. Exceptions:
- Thesis-only credits,
- Directed or independent study,
- All students present when the evaluation is conducted on paper, or enrolled when the evaluation is conducted online, must be provided the student rating form.
- Completed forms will be submitted anonymously.
- Students, regardless of the rating protocol or method used, have the option to:
- opt-out of responding to one or more questions on the form; or
- opt-out of completing the entire student rating form.
- Students who have withdrawn from the course may not participate in the rating of that course.
- Instructors may not be present when the evaluations are completed and collected.
- Instructors may only see the completed forms after their grades have been turned in.
- The original completed student-rating forms will be returned to the instructor with any student demographic information removed.
- Information from electronic forms will be made available to the instructor.
- The dean or chancellor of each college or campus, in consultation with the faculty, will determine whether and how written comments on student evaluation forms may be used in personnel decisions.
View Full Policy Here